Brian is a multi-talented, multi-instrumentalist with a deep performance history. As a composer, performer and collaborator, he brings his versatile and “big-picture” understanding of music to his lessons with any given instrument. His broad performance history and work in varied types of venues brings a valuable perspective to aspiring musicians. His love of all kinds of music and experience in many genres makes him a musical educator who can align with the interests of his students, and offer not only musical instruction, but a vast knowledge base for them to build on. Brian loves to pass on his love of music and use his teaching experience to further the goals of other aspiring musicians. He currently offers lessons in instrumental technique, music theory, improvisation and composition. Though Brian prefers in-person lessons, he is currently offering lessons via Zoom, for the safety and comfort for his students. The advantage of this is that students can (and do) enroll from all over the globe.
“Everyone has music inside them, and my goal is to help you to discover it. One on one instruction provides a feedback-driven approach to learning that can’t be achieved with self-study via websites and YouTube.”
- Brian is a staple in the Central PA music scene, with ongoing involvement in a variety of projects and collaborations. He has performed in street fairs, bars and restaurants, music festivals, cruises, charity events and parties.
- In 2018 Brian worked with Celebrity Cruises to create a cutting edge concert experience, working with musicians chosen from around the world both in developing the concerts and filling in for rehearsals.
- He has played in pit orchestras for many of your favorite theatre musicals, such as Cats, Jesus Chris Superstar, Titanic and Good News, among others.
- Brian has over 12 years of experience gained from teaching in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley.
- He has a wide range of teaching experience, including guitar, bass, saxophone, ukulele, and music theory, both in private lessons and classroom settings, and now remotely.
- Brian is known for solo work, as a sideman, and for session work spanning a wide array of genres. Has shared the stage with many well-known bands and soloists.
- A composer in his own right, Brian draws from elements of jazz, soul, rock, and hip-hop to create his own unique sounds, and is known for his improvisational prowess.
Hours of Lessons
Mon: 3:00 – 9:00pm
Tue: 3:00 – 9:00pm
Wed: 3:00 – 9:00pm
Thu: 3:00 – 9:00pm
Cost of Lessons
$30 / half-hour private lesson or
$60 / hour private lesson